Monday, June 22, 2015

PURE COLOR WITH KARA: Summer Anemones

Hey guys, It's Kara. I'm back with another PURE COLOR Combination. Summer is almost here and it's making me so happy! Today's card has a very summery color palette, bright sun and deep green grass.

This warm color palette features Wild Mango, Falling Star, Flamingo, Mojito, and Appletini PURE COLOR dye inks.

I started by stamping my design using Watercolored Anemones in Fairy Dust ink. This pale grey serves as a guide for stamping the flowers and leaves in my color palette. It is soft enough to fade into the background while also providing a slight shadow for my images. I stamped the flowers in Falling Star, Wild Mango, and Flamingo ink. The leaves and stems are stamped in Mojito and Appletini ink. I used the new Black ink to stamp my sentiment from Doodle Buds.

Wplus9 Supplies:
Stamps: Watercolored Anemones, Doodle Buds  // Inks: Wild Mango Dye InkFalling Star Dye Ink, Flamingo Dye Ink, Mojito Dye Ink, Appletini Dye Ink, Fairy Dust Dye Ink, Black Dye Ink  // Dies: Sunshine Layers, Love Mom Layers, Small Butterfly Frame// Cardstock: White, Coal Mine

I die cut the butterfly from white cardstock. Using sponge daubers, I added color starting on one side with a little Appletini ink. As I moved across the butterfly to the left wing, I switched to Mojito ink and then let it fade to almost white. I mounted the stamped panel on a piece of Coal Mine cardstock to add some contrast and pick up the color from the sentiment. Coal Mine is perfect for this card because it is not as stark a contrast as black.


Play Along

What do you think, want to give it a go? We'd love to see your take on this color combination! If you'd like to play along link up your collections below to keep the inspiration going.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

19 comments:

  1. Beautiful mix of colors, Kara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its beautiful and so summery, love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is truly gorgeous. What a fabulous summer color palette!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful! I will definitely give this color combo a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kara this is so beautiful! I knew you'd do something fabulous with those anemones! Gorgeous font for this sentiment...
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! Love these colours layered together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How beautiful! I love the colors and softness of your flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kara, that is such a stunning colour combination. Your card is so eye catching. Even doing the butterfly in green so works perfectly.

      Delete
  8. Love this card! Who knew I could love a green butterfly, it really works!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A gorgeous card - love the subtle colour combination and the scalloped panel!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love it, love it , love it, just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous colors...hope to enter my card soon! Love this challenge, which is new to me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful card! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful and pretty combination of colors!! And that butterfly is so fun perched on those flowers that are stamped so perfectly!! WOW - going to see what I can come up with for this challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Question - Do I need Wplus9 stamps to play along with this color challenge?

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest